[OpenAFS] FSYNC_clientInit failed (giving up!)): Connection refused

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:08:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

> hi,
>
> after starting openafs-fileserver on debian unstable, I keep getting messages
> like:
>
> FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
>
> or
>
> FSYNC_clientInit failed (giving up!): Connection refused
>
> It says in the FAQ that this may go away after a while, but seems not to be the
> case.

is your loopback interface up?

> If I start the client, I usually see nothing in /afs, and if I try to stop the
> client the machine crashes.

the linux client has a bug in that if it never successfully mounts afs
this can happen, it's unrelated other than symptomatic of "afs isn't
actually up"