[OpenAFS] Authenticating against krb5-only KDC (active directory)

Derek Atkins derek@ihtfp.com
28 Feb 2002 10:34:04 -0500

There are a number of ways to do this.  You could just use your M$-KDC
as a regular K5 KDC and use krb524 to obtain AFS tokens, or you could
have a process similar to the above where the 'v4 AFS key' is separate
from the 'M$ key'.

Basically, you use 'aklog' to authenticate to the 524 daemon, and that
gives you a 'token' which you stuff into your client to authenticate.

You don't need native k5 in AFS for this to work.

-derek