[OpenAFS] 1.2.2a init script for RedHat7.0(2.2.19)

Hongliang Gai hgai@ecs.syr.edu
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:15:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to install AFS 1.2.2a on RedHat7.0( kernel 2.2.19) as
the first AFS machine following the instruction. In the final phase of the
installation, "Verifying the AFS Initialization Script", I ran the script
: /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start
but it did not start correctly. The error messages are: unable mount
/afs(22), lost contact to volume location server.... And I found there
were nine afsd processes running.

But, when I tried stop AFS by running: /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs stop
, the system is down. I have to reboot the system.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Harrison