[OpenAFS] kaserver

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Jan 2002 11:57:59 -0500

Debian has a very easy kerberos install.  All you need to do is:
	apt-get krb5-kdc

And viola, you've got a krb5 KDC (KDC == Key Distribution Center, aka a
Kerberos Server).

Setting up kerberos is EASY; all you need to do is tell it your realm
name (which it can sometimes guess based on your host's fqdn) and
then setup a DNS entry for kerberos.REALM.NAME that points to your
KDC.  There you go, you've got Kerberos.

Then you'll need to populate it with principal information, but the
scripts should walk you through that.  Basically you need to create
an afs/<cellname>@REALM principal in the KDC and then propagate that
to the KeyFile for AFS.

Once you've got your cell key setup, you can add users.

-derek