[OpenAFS] Authentication

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 02:00:04 -0500 (EST)

(I assume based on delays in this stuff showing up that you're not
subscribed and I need to CC you on my replies. I am subscribed; Please
don't CC me)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, David J. M. Karlsen wrote:

> >>Hmm, they require me to set up all this first. I can get the kerberos
> >>stuff up - but I'll need some more modules to map the authentication
> >>over to AFS, right? So I'm wondering which modules will do this?
> >>(filenames - not package names).

I don't know what Debian is likely to include, nor have I kept track of
what else exists. I wrote my own modules which you can find on
ftp.dementia.org in /pub/pam when I thought pam might be useful. I was
wrong. :-)

> >openafs packages (openafs-krb5?) should give you aklog, which will
> >
> it's for MIT kerberos - I'm running heimdal. The MIT that's in debians
> stable is kerberos4 - I want to run 5 as there are securityproblems with
> v4. the openafs-krb5 package is only in testing, and, as said, for MIT.
> I just sent a mail to Sam asking for some help and hints.

for heimdal, use afslog, which comes with it.

> The config doesn't depend esp. on debian. But'll await some help from
> Sam - he should know it :)

I'm unsure that he's used heimdal. I suspect he has, but he'll have to
tell you for sure.

-D