[OpenAFS] Improving collaboration

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:01:20 +0100

--==_Exmh_1785960922P

ota@transarc.com said:
> I've long found Wiki attractive, though it was a bit confusing at
> first. I worry a bit that the format might be a bit off-putting for
> potential contributers.

You have Wiki's in all forms. Take a peek at, for example,

http://www.cdegroot.com/cgi-bin/photowiki (a Wiki written in Python that even
non-techies - photographers - seem to be able to use)

http://swiki.cdegroot.com/squeakfoundation (a Wiki written in Smalltalk
featuring, among others, file attachment/uploads and very good helptexts)

you will see that Wiki's allow various gradations from "classical" Wiki-style
text to full HTML markup. Just pick the correct one :-).

(OBTW: as an ISP profiting from OpenAFS, I'm more than willing to help out in
setting up, hosting, maintaining, whatever).

Regards,

Cees
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>