[OpenAFS] stopping AFS problem

Haichuan Yang haiyang@indiana.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:54:14 -0500 (EST)

I should add that this doesn't happen all the time. It only happens
occasionally, say, when "/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start" had problem and /afs
wasn't mounted correctly. But afsd processes were started. Then you try to
stop afs and the system hangs.

Or when the libafs kernel module was manually unloaded by "rmmod".
This may not be a proper thing to do. And sometimes "rmmod" will get the
the system down and sometimes it won't. And other Linux modules don't seem
to have this problem. They either won't allow you to remove them or they
can be removed without bringing the system down.