[OpenAFS] Mit Krb5 and OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:23:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Derek T. Yarnell wrote:

> Still a little fuzzy about the what the migration kit is telling me.
>
> In Step 4 : Test AFS with Kerberos 5
>
> It says using asetkey to see what is in the current AFS keyfile.

Yup.

> But you said not to do the kaserver.

Yup.

> So should that just return nothing?

If the KeyFile is empty, yes. (e.g. if you're setting up for the first
time, which you are)

> So i added a key value of 0 because there was no key.

added to the kdc? explain what you mean by "value of 0"

> Which extreacted a key value of 1 which i added to the AFS KeyTab with
> asetkey.

Contingent on the answer to the abovev that may be ok.

> aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell cs.umd.edu (status: 11862791).

11:53am:shadow@johnstown:krb:9> translate_et 11862791
11862791 (ktc).7 = Cache Manager is not initialized / afsd is not running

> Could this be that krb524d is not doing the right thing? Or am i missing
> something?

yeah, klog won't work while you have no client running.

> Do i skip down to number 9 and start adding things into the ptserver? with pts?
> or only 6 where i need to add users to the bos server?

Without looking, to 6 and not to 9.