[OpenAFS] Mit Krb5 and OpenAFS

Derek T. Yarnell derek@cs.umd.edu
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:33:27 -0500

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>(I read openafs-info, just reply to the list)
>
>> >yeah, klog won't work while you have no client running.
>>
>> So this is because i haven't finished the afs setup?
>
>Yes

Ok i have done the rest of setup and stop the bos server and started afsd with
the
init script, bosserver is running with no errors there.

Now i kinit and then aklog which neither give any errors, klist -e gives :
---------
[root@bungholio]# klist -e
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: derek@CS.UMD.EDU

01/18/02 13:21:31  01/18/02 23:21:30  krbtgt/CS.UMD.EDU@CS.UMD.EDU
        Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with CRC-32, DES cbc mode with CRC-32
01/18/02 13:21:45  01/18/02 23:21:30  afs@CS.UMD.EDU
        Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with CRC-32, DES cbc mode with CRC-32

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
---------

But i get :

[root@bungholio] /usr/local/openafs/bin/bos status bungholio
bos: failed to contact host's bosserver (security object was passed a bad
ticket).

--
Derek Yarnell
CS System Staff