[OpenAFS] rc.d/afs start hanging early

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
18 Jan 2002 22:56:09 +0100

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> said:
>What does /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo say about where your cache partition
>is located?  What kind of file system is your cache partition?  How
>big is your cache?
>
>It certainly shouldn't take hours.. I was able to generate a 3GB cache
>with the standard chunksize configuration in just a few minutes.

It probably would have taken eternity, because the afsd's were just in disk
wait. Nothing was done to create the filesystem structure of the cache.

The cache is 500Mb, ext2, and on a 10k rpm Ultra160 drive, so when it finally
started (after shutting down NFS etcetera), it was rebuilt in a matter of
10-20 seconds.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>