[OpenAFS] rc.d/afs start hanging early

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
19 Jan 2002 00:43:09 +0100

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> said:
>Odd.. I can't imagine why NFS would really matter.

Neither can I. But Yet, It Happened...

The strange thing is that, because I don't trust AFS enough yet (b/c of module
after a full boot. Always. Only on this particular box (with the same kernel,
the same modules, as the other machines), today, this showed up.

Apart from NFS, I switched off a couple of servers that use NFS. I think the
cause of the problem should be looked for somewhere in that area - because of
all the processes in Disk Wait, it looks to me like some deadlock.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>