[OpenAFS] have not permission to access /afs

Mike Lee mike.li@bamboonetworks.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:39:44 +0800

Thank you

<1>Now I can start afsd.
<2>afssvr.bamboo.com is a intranet server, with private IP, it can not
access via internet, maybe later
<3>after afsd start.
I can see /afs is in mount list
and afsd report ok
but I cannot "cd /afs" as local root
<4>when I login as "admin" user, it ask me system passwd for once and
afs password for twice
and response me "**can't determine local cell name" then disconnect

here is my config and step of create user "admin"
<1>in /usr/vice/etc have a copy of CellServDB and ThisCell in /usr/afs/etc

<2>create cacheinfo as:
/afs:/usr/vice/cache:50000

<3>create system user "admin" with uid 500
useradd -u 500 admin

<4>create instance of kaserver, vlserver, ptserver, fileserver(with
volserver and salvager),upserver

<5>in kas, create "admin" with key(0), and setfield admin -flag admin

<6>bos adduser

<7>bos addkey

<8>pts createuser (with uid 500 same as system account)

<9>bos restart all