[OpenAFS] afsd kernel oops 1.2.2a

Graham White GWHITE@uk.ibm.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:02:46 +0000

Hi again!

I have successfully compiled openafs 1.2.2a on a mainframe linux system -
SuSE SLES for IBM S/390.

I had no errors from the compilation and everything appears to have gone
smoothly, until I try and start the AFS services when the afsd seems to
crash out with a Seg Fault.  My knowledge of AFS is limited to compilation
and install so I have no idea why this happens.

I compiled with --with-linux-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux
--with-afs-sysname=s390_linux24 --enable-transarc-paths

When I try starting the AFS services I get the following messages out that
might help:

"Starting AFS Services.....
/etc/init.d/afs: line 290: 375 Segmentation fault /usr/vice/etc/afsd
${AFSD_OPTIONS}"

The above message is from the login terminal and the messsage below is from
the system console.

"Starting AFS cache scan...
Can't open inode 6
Unable to handle kernel pointer dereference at virtual kernel address
7ffff000
Oops: 0010
CPU:    1
Process afsd (pid: 375, stackpage=00CED000)

Kernel PSW:    07080000 84db38ca
task: 00cec000 ksp: 00ceda58 pt_regs: 00ced9c0
Kernel GPRS:
00000000  ffffffff  00000013  00000001
84db38c6  00000000  00401cb8  80404560
fffffffb  00000006  022c9278  022c9200