[OpenAFS] 1.2.2a Source Install on Linux 2.4

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
31 Jan 2002 17:42:58 -0500

"Victor" <victord@paid.com> writes:

> > Are you trying to install the AFS client or AFS server?
>
> I am trying to make an AFS server and then setup another machine as a client
> that mounts a volume from the server.

Ok.

> > What linux distribution are you using?
>
> RedHat 7.2. But I am using kernel 2.4.17 from kernel.org

Why don't you just use the RH 7.2 RPMs and just build yourself
a kernel module?

> > How did you "configure" AFS when you built it from the sources?
>
> ./configure
>   --prefix=/usr/afs \
>   --with-afs-sysname=i386_linux24 \
>   --with-linux-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux

Hrmm.. This is an odd path, but as you wish.  This will install all
your stuff under /usr/afs (including your client code!) which means
that /usr/vice wont exist like it would on a "normal" system.

Did you run "make install" to install AFS?

Do you already have Kerberos running?
  If so, then you'll need to create yourself an afs key for the KeyFile
  If not, then you should :)    (yes, you could run KAServer, but why?)

Start the AFS servers just like it says in the documentation.

-derek