[OpenAFS] Re:OpenAFS for x86 solaris 8 (new issues!)

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:37:23 -0500 (CDT)

> > As I said in my previous e-mail, I do not have any client stuff configured
> > on this machine.  Is it possible I need to do some client setup in order to
> > use klog?  (i.e. creating /afs, etc).
>
> i didn't think that was the error you got but you can try creating /afs
> and running afsd, if you haven't already.

At least under linux, you need the full-blown client running in order for
klog to work.

Nothing configured or installed:
$ klog
klog: error reading cell database Can't get local cell name!

/usr/vice/etc containing CellServDB and ThisCell:
$ klog
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because a pioctl failed.

AFS kernel module loaded:
$ klog
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because Cache Manager is not initialize
afsd is not running.

While AFS client running (afsd started):
$ klog
[success]

[  t charles clancy  ]-[  tclancy@uiuc.edu  ]-[  uiuc.edu/~tclancy  ]