[OpenAFS] Windows 2000 and 1.2.2b

Rick Altherr kc8apf@kc8apf.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:09:28 -0400 (EDT)

I recently installed openAFS 1.2.2b as a client only and it worked
properly.  I could attach to a remote cell and work with it.  I then
uninstalled it.

Today I decided to try and setup a server, so I reinstalled and this time
installed everything.  After rebooting, I attempted to use the server
configuration wizard.  Right away it gives an error message about not
being able to open the log file, but continues into the wizard fine.
After answering all the questions, it attempts to start the BOS server,
but that never happens.  The wizard just sits there until it times out.  I
noticed this was reported on the maining list and someone mentioned that
it had been fixed in CVS.  Is a newer build for WinNT going to be built or
should I go ahead and build my own?
--
Rick Altherr
KC8APF