[OpenAFS] Unclean shutdown: AFS client ate my filesystem (ext3)

Helge Bahmann bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:20:08 +0200 (CEST)

On 10 Jul 2002 Derek Atkins wrote:

> Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de> writes:
>
> > nyay :-/ init sending term/kill to all processes happens later; it would
> > not be good to do this while afs is running because the afsd's would be
> > affected as well
>
> nyat...  afsd blocks those signals so it is NOT affected.

ah ok

well, I think I will just use Tim's killafs script or fuser (they do
basically the same, or did I miss something?) -- not perfect but it should
"usually work", and reboots are rare anyway

thanks for the info
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
The past: Smart users in front of dumb terminals       /_|____\