[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.4 client hangs

Alf Wachsmann alfw@SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, John Godehn wrote:
> I know that there are some deadlock issues that are fixed in 1.2.5 and some
> more that are supposed to be fixed in 1.2.6, but I was wondering if someone
> could tell me whether this looked like one of those known issues, or
> something else. It you need some more debugging to be done, please let me
> know.

This looks exactly like the hangs we see and I've reported to this
list.

We did some more testing and I can say that even the OpenAFS CVS version
from 2002-07-05 shows these hangs.

Some sites we are in cantact with reported that version 1.2.3 does not
have this problem - I have started a test at SLAC this morning, so we'll
see soon.

SLAC is also testing an IBM/Transarc client and that seems to be ok.

-- Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC Computing Service              | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)