[OpenAFS] Status of BSD* ports?

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:08:31 -0400

At 6:47 AM -0400 7/11/02, matt@njit.edu wrote:
>I know there is no binary dists for Open/Net/Free BSD, Is the
>support complete/near complete in the source though?

not very busy.

If you pick up the latest snapshot of the openafs source, the AFS
server pretty much works (or so I'm told...).  The client is pretty
close to working, but there are still a few significant bugs in it.
That's on freebsd-stable.  There would probably be some more work
needed to get it running on freebsd-current.

At one point I thought some group was eagerly working on openafs
for openbsd, but I haven't seen anything about that in quite awhile.
Maybe I just imagined it...

I haven't seen anything about openafs on netbsd.  [note that I'm
just an onlooker on the openafs lists, so things could very well
be happening and I just haven't noticed it]

Note that there is an openafs for darwin & MacOS 10, which are
also bsd-based operating systems.