[OpenAFS] obtaining token after login

Mark Nejedlo nejedlo@cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:20:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Andreas Buechler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after installing openafs-1.2.5(on our alpha machine that runs under
> redhat linux) and changing the files in /etc/pam.d/ I can locally login
> and get immediately a token. If I connect via ssh I don't get a token
> automatically, I have to get one with klog. Is there a way to obtain
> automatically a token after login in via ssh? Thanks for any hints!

What I would reccommend is revert whichever files you have changed in
/etc/pam.d and only make the changes in /etc/pam.d/system-auth.  Most of
the other files in pam.d contain lines like:

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

The man page for pam_stack says:

       In  a  nutshell, pam_stack lets you "call", from inside of
       the stack for a particular service, the stack defined  for
       any  another  service.  The intention is to allow multiple
       services to "include" a system-wide setup,  so  that  when
       that setup needs to be changed, it need only be changed in
       one place.

Mark