[OpenAFS] -dynroot/CellAliases howto/syntax

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann@de.ibm.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:32:56 +0200

In article <ajlm89sys1.fsf@sul.e.kth.se>,
	Jimmy Engelbrecht <jimmy@e.kth.se> writes:
> Dont you think cellaliases will confuse your users ?
>
> I do belive Location Transparency is a really nice feature with AFS.
> Cellaliases will break Location Transparency.

First: I'm not an AFS admin, the -dynroot/CellAlias setup is for the
client on my own Thinkpad^Wworkstation.

Then: There are already aliases in our afs installation. This makes
paths much shorter. These aliases (symlinks) are available at the
complete intranet, even when logged in from home. So no confusion.

It's the other way round: With -dynroot I don't have the aliases that I
would have without so I need CellAlias to work with -dynroot.

Rainer