[OpenAFS] Trying to figure out how to work this

Chris Snyder csnyder@mvpsoft.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:13:04 -0400

I'm trying to figure out how I should go about setting OpenAFS for my
network.  Here's my network configuration:

There are two domains on this network - mvpsoft.internal and
mvpsoft.servers.  Mvpsoft.servers is behind a NAT firewall, and
mvpsoft.internal is behind a firewall that is on mvpsoft.servers, which
gives it an additional level of security.  Computers on mvpsoft.internal
are not accessible by mvpsoft.servers, but boxes on mvpsoft.servers are
accesible from mvpsoft.internal.  Mvpsoft.servers is our DMZ, containing
web, mail, DNS, etc. servers.

I'm going to have two AFS cells - mvpsoft.internal, and mvpsoft.servers,
hosted on servers on the domains that match the cell names.
Mvpsoft.internal will be primarilly for user file storage, while
mvpsoft.servers will have some user file storage (mainly from
telecommuters), and will also have our web server files.

I'd like to have user data synchronized between the two cells.  Is there
an easy way to do this automatically?  My goal is to have users be able
to use their usernames and passwords transparently from any computer on
the network.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.