[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Cell installation on Debian

Shad Gunderson shadgun@antidisestablishment.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:45:59 -0500

Hello all,

I was hoping that someone may be able to enlighten me as how to overcome the
following issue:

After installing openafs-fileserver, openafs-client and openafs-dbserver, I
have successfuly completed building the linux kernel module for version
2.4.18. I have been able to configure the cell using afs-newcell and now all
of the fileserver processes seem to be running as well as /afs is now
mounted. My difficulty lies in that the next step in the documentation that
I am following (found at
http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/project/openafs/debian/building-a-cell) seems to
fail miserably... that being afs-rootvol. I receive the following error:
"fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'".

It would appear that I have tokens to access AFS, and keberos tickets as
well. Any assistance is greatly appriciated.

--
shad