[OpenAFS] Re: POP3 server w/AFS support?

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:42:02 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 02:10:01PM -0500, Aaron Angel wrote:

> >Aaron> Does anyone know of a POP3 server that has AFS support or possibly
> >Aaron> Kerberos support that works with AFS?
> >
> >The UW imap server includes a pop3 server with AFS support.
> >
> Know of anything a little more secure?  Or, know of a way to make it so
> PAM-enabled applications can check against pam_kerverosIV+afs instead of
> the unix pw database?  I haven't figured that one out yet.

I found the following /etc/pam.d/imap (or was it imapd?) file to work
flawlessly:

#%PAM-1.0
#[For version 1.0 syntax, the above header is optional]
#
# The PAM configuration file for the `imap' service
#
auth       required   /lib/security/pam_afs.so.1    try_first_pass
account    required   /lib/security/pam_afs.so.1    try_first_pass

(I use cyrus-imapd).

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/