[OpenAFS] MIT Kerberos V authentication with OpenAFS

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 02:09:09 -0600 (CST)

I was able to get the migration kit compiled for the following:

i386_linux2 afs2k5db aklog asetkey fakeka ka-forwarder keyfile_dump
rs_aix42    afs2k5db aklog asetkey keyfile_dump
sgi_65      afs2k5db aklog asetkey fakeka ka-forwarder keyfile_dump
sun4x_58    afs2k5db aklog asetkey fakeka ka-forwarder keyfile_dump

I have them available via: http://ismene.csl.uiuc.edu/afs-mig/

I'd like to build a collection of binary distributions of the migration
kit, if such a thing does not already exist.  If anyone has binaries to
contribute, I'd gladly post them.  Perhaps something like this might fit
appropriately on openafs.org.

AIX for some reason has issues with the 'recvfrom' function, and the 'ka'
utilities won't compile.  It took extensive hacking to get everything else
compiled for the other platforms, but I wasn't able to hack around this
problem:

ka-forwarder.c: In function `setup_servers':
ka-forwarder.c:115: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
without a cast
ka-forwarder.c:120: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ka-forwarder.c:128: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
without a cast
ka-forwarder.c:133: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ka-forwarder.c: In function `main':
ka-forwarder.c:237: warning: passing arg 6 of `nrecvfrom' from
incompatible pointer type

With:
> uname -a
AIX aries01.ucs.indiana.edu 3 4 000178374C00
> gcc --version
2.95.2

Any suggestions?

Also -- are there any plans for an HP-UX port of OpenAFS?

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy