[OpenAFS] CopyOnWrite failed - orphaned files

hoffman@cs.pitt.edu hoffman@cs.pitt.edu
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:56:41 -0500 (EST)

> I guess these problems have nothing to do with your hardware.
>
> Have you checked the file he tries to read exists in the /vicepX partition
> and has the correct size?

I never thought to try that.  I will do so the next time it happens.
I'm used to the older AFS architectures where /vicepX contained only
the volume headers.

> If so, I would try to run the non-threaded version of the fileserver which
> is built in src/viced. Also the problem of processes not going away looks
> for me like a problem in the pthread environment.

This sounds like a good thing to try in any case.  I will do that and
report back.

Many thanks!

	---Bob.
--
Bob Hoffman, N3CVL      University of Pittsburgh           Tel: +1 412 624 8404
hoffman@cs.pitt.edu     Department of Computer Science     Fax: +1 412 624 8854