[OpenAFS] vldb hosed, lists no volumes

J. Maynard Gelinas gelinas@lns.mit.edu
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:21:44 -0500 (EST)

  Aha, I am a dumbass. I was specifying individual volumes: vos syncvldb
hostname partition volumename.  However, a vos syncvldb hostname partition
(specifying the entire partition instead of individual volumes) restored a
sane vldb and brought the data back to life. This is a valuable lesson,
that being we are never smart enough to avoid stupid blunders.

Thanks for all your help folks!

--Maynard