[OpenAFS] Any way to create srvtabs for use with kaserver...

Eric Knudstrup eric@knudstrup.org
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:27:31 -0800 (PST)

Because I had one installation with Heimdal as the kaserver and I wasn't
impressed with the amount of integration (some of the kas stuff didn't seem to
be quite there, although that may have been due to my lack of experience).
I am also running a very small installation and my familiarity with AFS and
Kerberos is slim.  Therefore I felt it would be easier for me to gain
familiarity with a "stock" install.
If I have to write a bit of code to get some of the additional functionality,
then I figure that will help gain experience with the system.

Quoting Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>:

> Question: Why don't you just use Krb5?
>
> -derek
>
> Eric Knudstrup <eric@knudstrup.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks for the reply about the library ordering.  I was coding a few
> hours after
> > I should have been sleeping.
> > Ok, I have something mocked up for the principal creation routine, but
> I keep
> > getting an error message:
> >
> > ./afssvcnew httpd temp.srvtab
> > Password:test
> > Failed to create principal: RPC interface mismatch (-450)
> >
> > #include <afs/stds.h>
> > #include <afs/kautils.h>
> > #include <rx/xdr.h>
> > #include <pwd.h>
> > #include <signal.h>
> > #include <sys/types.h>
> > #include <sys/stat.h>
> > #include <fcntl.h>
> > #include <unistd.h>
> >
> > #define BUFSIZ 256
> >
> > /*
> > 	afssvcnew <principal> <key filename>
> >
> > 	This program does the following:
> > 	1.  Creates a DES key
> > 	2.  Calls the kaserver to create a new principal with the key
> > 	3.  Saves the key off into a srvtab/keytab for use with afssvcd
> > */
> > int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> > {
> > 		char *lcell, *reason;
> > 		char ch;
> > 		int fd, n, code;
> > 		struct ktc_encryptionKey key;
> >     struct ubik_client *conn = NULL;
> > 		char passwd[BUFSIZ];
> >     char  lrealm[MAXKTCREALMLEN];	/* uppercase copy of local cellname
> */
> > 		struct passwd *pw;
> >
> > 		if(argc!=3) {
> > 				fprintf(stderr, "%s <principal> <key filename>\n"

			 "   principal - Name of principal you want to use\n"

			 "   key filename - Name of file to store it in\n");