[OpenAFS] OpenAFS authentication against MIT Kerberos V, part 2

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:52:54 -0500

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:15:53PM +0100, Fabian Aichele wrote:

> 1. Create Kerberos principal afs@MY.AFS.CELL.NAME with kadmin, put a v4 key
> (Did I get that right?) into my Kerberos keytab and check for its kvno to
> match up with asetkey:
> 	>addprinc afs
> 	>ktadd -e des-cbc-crc:v4 afs
> 	>getprinc afs
> 	Key: vno 2 DES cbc mode with CRC-32, no salt
> 	>q
> 2. use asetkey to put the afs key into /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile
> 	>asetkey add 2 /etc/krb5.keytab afs
> 	>asetkey list
> 	kvno 5: key is: ...
> 	All done.

Your kvno in kadmin is 2, yet the one in asetkey is 5?

To make things easier and to ensure that there is no weirdness, export the
afs key into a temporary keytab since it does not need to be in the
/etc/krb5.keytab.

Lets see the complete output from asetkey and does "tokens" show a afs
token after aklog?

--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org