[OpenAFS] Some questions (Linux-oriented)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja@cs.Helsinki.FI
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:40:36 +0200

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 12:33:54PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Derek Atkins <derek@ihtfp.com> writes:
>
> > versions, so your question is poorly scoped.  I presume you mean
> > "Linux", but nowhere do you actually mention Linux explicitly.
>
> As has ben pointed out numerous times in personal email, I neglected
> to actually read your subject line.  I appologize.

In most places it is considered good manners never to rely on any
information to succeed in being transmitted on subject line just for
this reason.

Subject: is the subject, and it's used for sorting and visually
recognizing topics in message lists. All actual text should be contained
(duplicated) in the message body. It's not much of an effort and makes
life much easier and avoids confusion.

--
No man is an island, but then no man is a potato salad, either.