[OpenAFS] .Xauthority issues

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
13 Mar 2002 09:32:41 +0100

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> Simplest approach:
>
> ~: system:anyuser l
> ~/public: system:anyuser rl
>
> Then just link anything to public that needs to be in ~ but has to be
> publically readable.

I am not so happy with this solution. Quite often, I say to my
collegues: "Oh, I already solved that, just look at my
.bashrc" (or .emcas or .gnus or .whatever...")

I would need to make sure that all these pieces are in ~/.public. This
is clearly doable, but imposes more work on me and other users; it is a
bit more restrictive than I would like.

> More complicated approach - build custom xdm that puts .Xauthority
> somewhere else.

See my other posting.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung