[OpenAFS] Some questions (Linux-oriented)

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
13 Mar 2002 11:50:38 +0100

Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu> writes:

> The problem with AFS cache on reiserfs is that the reiserfs
> violates the inode abstraction.  The user-space application runs
> a 'stat' on the file, reads the inode number, and passes that
> inode number down into the kernel.

Would ext3 with data journalling be ok then?

The switch for the journalling of file contents is a mount option
"data=journal". However, I had difficulties to test it, since my afs
cache is on the root partition and the data=journal option resulted in
the root partition kept mounted read-only.  Apparently, the remount
does not work as expected in that case.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung