[OpenAFS] AFS Cell Name

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:44:04 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:52:50AM -0500, Michael Aldrich wrote:

> I am trying to start AFS server processes, although in
> /usr/afs/logs/AuthLog, the first two letters of my cell name are
> missing. Is there somewhere else other that ThisCell (/usr/afs/etc &
> /usr/vice/etc) the cell name is specified?

We recently noticed that too and took a closer look: We had a test-cell
clug.de which came out as ug.de IIRC. Then we have a production cell
agricola-gymnasium.de (not world-accessible) which came out as
cola-gymnasium.de - I guess it's just a minor issue in the logging code.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/