[OpenAFS] Windows 2000 client startup error

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:08:54 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:42:58AM +0100, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are having trouble starting the 1.2.2b client on a Windows 2000 machine.
>
> The error occurs in osi_initdebug() which returns error code 1719, preventing
> the service from starting.

>From looking at the code, it seems the debug channel #1000 is busy on the
machine. Should the client fail just because the debug channel is taken, or
might retrying another channel be worth it? 1000 also seems like a number that
would clash easily with other services.

Anyone know how to locate the conflicting service under Windows?

best,
Jacob