[OpenAFS] Help me to install AFS

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:55:01 +0100

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 06:23:06PM +0800, Dong Fangpeng wrote:

> Because this is my first time working with AFS, I don't know what's
> the other rpms for.  Another question is the docs under the
> Documentaiton link on openafs' homepage don't work well with these
> rpms,for example I can't find the excutable bos and kas in
> /usr/afs/bin, so I'm not able to name my cell and add afs users by
> using "./bos setcellname ..." and "kas>create ..."as instructed in AFS
> Quick Beginning.

The binaries for administrative tasks are placed in /usr/sbin. (BTW: you
can get a list of files belonging to a particular RPM package by issuing
rpm -ql <package> )

If I think about it, this is arguable - sbin contains binaries for
system administration which are usually used by root. But root is nobody
in AFS...

Hope that helps! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/