[OpenAFS] restarting afs under os-x

steve rader rader@ginseng.hep.wisc.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:32:33 -0600

i've been told that afs on mac laptops with os-x is pretty squirrely
when network connectivity changes.

is there some way to gracefully restart openafs under os-x?

i poked at a os-x box a few weeks ago what i recall is that the lack
of /etc/* and especially /etc/inittab left me dazed and confused.
further, the src/afsd/afs.rc.darwin script from the source leads me
to think the answer to my question is no.

so perhaps i should provide folks afs on mac laptops with a script
that's something like

 #!/bin/sh
 rc=/System/Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS
 case "$1" in
   start)
     if [ -x "$rc" ]; then
       $rc
     fi
   ;;
   stop)
     kill `ps auxw | grep afsd | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
   ;;
   restart)
     $0 stop
     $0 start