[OpenAFS] afs drives me crazy - kaserver ... stopped for too many errors

jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:57:30 +0100

Hi all

afs drives me crazy. I've tried to get it up for several days now.
I have no idea where to look for the source of the problems

Currently just doing an insmod libafs.... (works just fine)
and starting  bosserver
I get problems exemplified by

bos status ....
Instance kaserver, temporarily disabled, stopped for too many errors,
  currently shutdown

and the same for ptserver and vlserver.

Where can I find an error log for theses too many errors
There's nothing in sys.log or similar logfiles.

I have tried  bos delete / bos create but nothing helps.

Do I have to fall back to NFS ?

Your help is much appreciated

Please CC to my email since I get the mailing list only batched once a
day.

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
Institute of Technology, RWTH Aachen