[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS with Web Servers

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:46:47 +0000

AFS has one especially strong capability. That is scalability.

Combining multiple webservers serving data from AFS gives
you a website that can dynamically grow to meet demand.

See the paper "A Scalable HTTP Server: The NCSA Prototype"
by Eric Katz, Michelle Butler and Robert McGrath
written at National Center for Supercomputing Applications,
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Il 61820

http://web.archive.org/web/19961227000628/http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/InformationServers/Conferences/CERNwww94/www94.ncsa.html

I hope this helps.
--
cheers