[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS with Web Servers

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:27:29 -0500

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:04:31PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> Actually one of the more interesting ideas I got from a former coworker is
> one where you'd have a separate AFS cache for your web server (he did a
> web server that worked that way, but the afsweb module for apache also
> does this).

On a slightly related note, didn't IBM use DFS for its infrastructure
during the 1996 (or maybe 1998) Olympic Games?

What performance differences are there if any between DFS and AFS?

--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org