[OpenAFS] vos remsite

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
22 Mar 2002 09:28:34 +0100

Chaskiel M Grundman <cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> The real reason this command exists, is that old afs clients (AFS 3.3
> and older. maybe only AFS 3.2 and older) only refresh their idea of
> what replication sites exist once an hour, not even if they encounter

Well. I see. Up to now, I considered the remsite command as a less
errorprone companion of the remove command.

If I mistype a remove or a zap command, I may loose data. If I mistype
a remsite command, I would probably get an error message about a
nonexisting clone or in the worst case loose only a clone that may
recreated without problem. But hey, if you know it, it's no great
problem.

Thanks,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung