[OpenAFS] klog takes more time in my local server?

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:34:20 -0500

> > What does your cell's entry in the CellServDB look like?  Are all the
> > servers listed in it actually running DB servers?  Are you using the
> > AFS kaserver or a Kerberos 5 server?
>
> I'm not using krb5 and CellSErvDB has two entries for my cell:
>
> >hep.sc.edu     	  #USC HEP cell
> 129.252.78.77		  #cpeven.physics.sc.edu
> 129.252.78.79             #redbaron.physics.sc.edu
>
> but 129.252.78.79 has a incomplete afs installation. Could be this the
> source of the problem?

Yes, (at least) half the time you'll be trying to contact the
incomplete machine first and have to wait for a time-out before
continuing to the working machine.  (Note that the order of the entries
in the CellServDB doesn't matter.)  Change your CellServDB or get the
other machine operational, and the delays will go away.

K.C.