[OpenAFS] Win2K/XP bugs? with openafs & problems with salvager

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:24:20 -0600

Yes, there was. I believe this has been corrected in CVS, but a new
version of openafs has not been released yet containing the fix.=20

> Another problem is that if the user enters there username in=20
> uppercase they
> can log into windows but they fail to get tokens. One of our=20
> programers
> hacked the code and created a afslogon.dll that converts the=20
> username case
> to lower case before getting tokens and problem is gone=20
> (kerberos is case
> sensitive or just tokens process).

User education is the answer here. Almost all server and authentication
facilities other than windows are case sensitive.

-- Nathan