[OpenAFS] fms

Andrei Maslennikov andrei@caspur.it
Fri, 3 May 2002 19:16:52 +0000 ( )

Michael,

at our site, we have decided not to use fms after a first try, 9 years
ago. At that time, it completely ignored tape compression (and could run
for hours reporting an infinite capacity).

To calculate correctly the tape capacity, you have to count the number of
16k-blocks of random data (cut-out of zipfile) that you can put onto tape.
But it is still much better to simply specify a very large capacity, and
then to react to the EOT. We stick here to this solution (but we use our
own series of automation scripts, as we prepared them well before Transarc
released the jukebox support).

Andrei.