[OpenAFS] Openafs client on W2K Pro

Elaine Seery Elaine.Seery@newcastle.ac.uk
Tue, 14 May 2002 14:23:52 +0100

I've installed OpenAFS client over the top of the IBM client on W2K Pro.
It installed and ran without much trouble (installed itself as an
upgrade).=20

However, when another user logged on, it failed to start. When I then
logged on again, it not only failed to start, but the machine lost
contact with all the networked file systems. This also happened when I
uninstalled the IBM client in order to replace it with the OpenAFS one.=20

The only way we've found to re-instate the networked file systems is to
re-build the machine. We're about to have to do this for the third time,
so any other ideas on how to fix it are much appreciated.

Elaine Seery
Department of Computing Science
University of Newcastle
=20