[OpenAFS] AFS Backups

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue, 14 May 2002 18:03:41 +0200

Hi Mike,

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:05:39PM -0400, Mike Aldrich wrote:

> Has anyone tried running AFS backups as a cronjob? I tried it over the
> weekend, but I cannot obtain tokens through cron (well, I could, but I'd
> rather not leave the admin password in a text script). Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated.

Start the backup on a file server and use -localauth. The appropiate
user needs to be able to read the KeyFile though. The only other way
would be to store a plaintext password somewhere and use it to get a
token.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/