[OpenAFS] Vos listaddrs

Hans Dieter Petersen petersen@uni-bonn.de
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:08:20 +0200

Nuno Miguel Neves wrote:

> Hello.
>
> When I run "vos listaddrs" on my cell, I see some fileserver IPs which are not (or should not) be part of it (like localhost or 192.168.1.1) .
>
> How can I remove them? If they are being used, how can I see what should be there?
>
> Thanks,
> --
>                   nneves@di.fc.ul.pt    Dept. Informatica, Fac. Ciencias,
> |\ |    |\ |      Tel: +351 21 7500528  Univ. Lisboa, Bloco C5, Campo Grande
> | \|uno | \|eves  Fax: +351 21 7500084  1700 Lisboa, Portugal

Hello,

you must first build the file /usr/afs/local/NetInfo including only
those IP-Adresses the server should propagate. Second you have to remove
the file /usr/afs/local/sysid which forces the fileserver to recalculate
the file using the NetInfo file. Then you can do a vos changeaddr
-remove which will only work when there are no volumes in the VLDB
assigned to that address. Pay attention to multihomed addresslists using
the vos changeaddr command. Have a look into the documentation
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Kind Regards
Hans Dieter Petersen