[OpenAFS] OpenAFS fileserver behind NAT

Matt antisthenes@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to run a Linux (2.4.18) installation of
OpenAFS (1.2.3) behind a Linux-iptables-NAT-firewall.
My problem is not with ports or the firewall, but with
the IP address that the fileserver advertises.
Specifically, the OpenAFS server machine has IP
address 10.0.0.2, which gets NATed to a public
address.  But in my Windows based OpenAFS client (with
a public IP address), I can find the cell and the
volume server, and obtain tokens, but I can't access
files because it thinks the fileserver is at 10.0.0.2
In IBM AFS 3.6p1 there is apparently a fix for this
problem -- you can put "fake" IP addresses in a
NetInfo file, that won't be checked for authenticity.

Does anybody know a fix or workaround for this in
OpenAFS?

Thanks,
Matt