[OpenAFS] underlying FS type?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 16 May 2002 09:54:28 -0500

Make sure you're distinguishing between the cache partitition and the
vice partitions.

Most journaling filesystems work fine with the NAMEI fileservers since
all file system access is through normal interfaces and is not doing any
goofy behind-the-scenes messing with inode contents, like the non-namei
fileservers do.

Reiserfs worked fine with cache partition on 2.2.x linux, but not on
2.4. There have been reports of XFS problems with cache partition on
2.4.x.

-- Nathan