[OpenAFS] moving submounts

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Thu, 16 May 2002 16:49:05 -0700 (MST)

Have any of the developers considering moving the location of the submount
file to a location in the users profile tree under windows 2000?

This would enhance openafs on windows 2000 by
1) permitting per user customized submounts
2) enhancing the security of the submount file
  a) if you leave it in systemroot, then you have to give all users power
user status, thus permission to modify files in systemroot, move it out of
systemroot and you can lower the priveledge of the user
  b) keep each users submounts safe from other users submounts
3) allowing it to live in a profile will allow it to move with the user if
they have roaming profiles... big plus

Wondering how hard this would be to do?  I'm a lousy C program so I
couldn't do it if I had  year, but maybe someone else could:-)...

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU