[OpenAFS] Admin password

Mike Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 16:20:43 -0400

I tried using the -localauth with no avail. I have since re-installed AFS=
 (all=20
test machines). I've added the user admin to the kaserver & ptserver=20
databases. When I try to klog admin, enter the password, I get 'User does=
 not=20
exist'. I can do pts membership admin (set to system:administrators) and =
kas=20
examine and see the user does indeed exist...
I've added the admin user using instructions from IBM Installation Guide.=
=20
Any ideas?

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Mike Aldrich wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I need to change my admin password, but do not have it in this partic=
ular
> > cell. I have done the following:
> > Make a copy of the kaserver.DBO
> > Shutdown the kaserver (I did this in the BosConfig file then restarte=
> > the server)
> > Now I'm trying to run 'bos setauth <server> -authrequired off' in ord=
er
> > to change the password. This command returns:
> > You are not authorized....
>
> log into a server and do it with -localauth
>
> > kaserver is not running. I did this before, but it was an older OpenA=
FS